DISCovering Me and You
This workshop is delivered over three weeks with three 90 minute sessions. It introduces teachers to the DISCovering Me and You student workbook and explains how to apply it with their students.
This workshop focuses on the DISC model for understanding personality (people-literacy), character virtues and skills on how to develop optimism, so important for preparing a child for the transition from high school to college - skills they can apply right throughout their life.
Through a facilitative approach and completing exercises in the workbook, the child starts to develop ways that will empower them to find meaning and purpose in their lives, and to reconnect with who they are.
Week 1 Session:
- Learn what observable behavior is and what makes up your DISC personality style.
- Learn a new language to describe the Four Bird Styles and what they like to focus on in life.
Week 2 Session:
- Be able to apply the DISCovering Me and You Workbook with students and integrate it into your current curriculum.
- Apply five virtues for bringing out the best in yourself and your students.
Week 3 Session:
- Attend a Q&A session once you have applied the workbook with your students.
- Learn how to apply facilitation skills - ways to guide the process of completing the workbook.